Thursday, August 2, 2007

Quiet Before the Storm

Thursday, July 26. Had to cancel a rehearsal for today. It's not a bad day, some minor pain but manageable. I work in my office for hours, trying to get things caught up. If I'm having surgery soon, I want to tie up as many loose ends as possible.

Nurse Roberta calls later in the afternoon. "Dr B would like you and your husband to come in tomorrow at 10:00." "Well, sure," I say, "what exactly are we coming in for." She answers cheerfully, "he wants a consultation with you."

Dayton is excited. "See, it's because I called. They are expediting everything. I bet they're going to do all the pre-surgical stuff tomorrow, and get you in next week."

"But why do they want to make sure you come with? Maybe they got the results, maybe it's cancer."

And Dayton reacts quickly. "Don't even SAY that! You have to stay positive! Don't even THINK that! They are just trying to help you out because I called. Maybe the Doctor wants to tell me to lay off, to stop being so pushy.

Maybe.

It's a pretty good day, all in all. We order pizza for supper, and halfway through, I bite into something hard. "Bone?" I pull it out, and realize that I've broken a tooth! It's probably the one that is scheduled to have a cap put on next month anyway. We'll talk with Dr. B tomorrow, and based on when they can do the surgery, I'll give the dentist a call. How annoying. Like my friend Mary told me, "After 40 it's patch, patch, patch."

No comments: