Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Keep on keeping on...

Wednesday, August 8th: No doctor visits, no doctor calls. I catch up on the blog finally. I have a minor cramp in the morning, and a moderate one in the afternoon. Dayton heads out for the boat late in the afternoon. He'll come back on Friday, pick me up, and take me out there too.

But I can't go with him today. Because my GIRLFRIENDS are coming to visit tomorrow!!!!

I am SO looking forward to seeing them! And because they are my girlfriends, and because they understand what I'm going through, I just ignore Dayton when he suggests that maybe I could run the vacumn before they get here. Hah. Maybe I could neaten things up a bit. Well, I might do that. But these are my sistahs, and I can't wait for them to get here.

I do take action on one thing. I was supposed to have performance time at Premier Showcase with my musician partner Linda. Today I call and ask to cancel. I hate giving it up. But I just know that I won't be able to do it. They are so nice about it, tell me not to worry at all, they'll refund our money (it costs money to for artists to perform at those showcases in addition to renting our booths). Paula says I am to focus on getting well, and not to worry about anything else.

Linda and I will get together and plan out our booth, but she's probably going to have to staff it alone this year. I can't imagine I'll be well enough to be there for either of the showcases. That's too bad, because I do enjoy them. But like Paula said, I need to focus on myself now.

And my girlfriends are coming over tomorrow. Oh, I can't wait!

No comments: